Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hot Toddy

I know its been way too long will try to not let it happen. Been so busy not time to experiment just eat to serve purpose. So sad. Well I have been ill congested and etc. One of my profs recommended a hot toddy. I have to say I am feeling better at least I will sleep! Here is the recipe I used and the modifications you can use. And yes I have a beaker glass. Nerdy all the way.

Hot Toddy

Gather all of the supplies needed to follow the hot toddy recipe.
1 shot of Bourbon, whiskey or brandy (Did brandy in photo)
¼ cup boiling water
Lemon slice
Lemon Juice
1 tbsp. Honey
1 Cinnamon stick (Optional but I dig it)
2 cloves(optional I don’t because of an o chem experiment)

1. Decide which alcohol you want to use.
2. Boil a cup of water and set it aside. Mix your one shot (1 oz) of your alcohol of choice with a tablespoon of honey. Cut a slice of lemon to put into your hot toddy and squeeze the juice of the rest of the lemon into the mixture.( I was cheap and used lemon juice at the store didn’t have a fresh lemon on me tonight.)
3. Pour your hot water over the mixture and stir until the honey is fully dissolved. Drink and enjoy. You will feel better in no time. (at least I thought I did)

No comments:

Post a Comment